Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter

"Happy Easter this Sunday! I love Easter :) its so warm and fun mixed with the spirit too. A great holiday. This week has been crazy! In a Good way...we worked our tails off and hit the streets with faith. One day we biked 18 miles...so I'm pretty exhausted...So Thursday it was just lightly snowing (it has been freezing this week) and so we are like pshh...no problemo, so we get out to biking and suddenly the wind picks up and the snow turns to like ice rain. It felt like ice needles on our face so I wrap my scarf around my face and I'm trying to see through my fogged up glasses...I must have been a sight to see. Then the snow turned to rain (we got soaked through) and then it turned to thick snow. It was crazy. Better yet, no one let us in while tracting and so we were drenched, cold, no love from people and no nothin'! So the more miserable I became the more Laman and Lemuel like I became...I was a big pouty baby...it was rough. When you are in those instances it is so easy to complain and just like yell "Why!" I remember one of Elder Holland's quotes, "There is nothing that bad that complaining made it any better." So at the end of the day I prayed hard and just plead with Heavenly Father to please help us and prepare the people of this area for us and our message and to reward our efforts with people to teach. Well, the next day was nothing short of a miracle, we taught 6 lessons! It was incredible. One of those lessons came from teaching a man we met just walking down a street...tracting the houses that had cars out front (because that usually indicates that someones home for sure) and his house didn't have a car so we just walked past and suddenly we hear this "Hey! You boys come here!" we turn and see this guy shouting for us he continues, "Hey I saw you guys and was waiting for ya and hoping you would stop at my house I want to talk with ya." I was just like well hot dog! You betcha! We hurried over and he invited us in and we taught him the first lesson and he even accepted a soft baptismal commitment  That whole day of success just helped me know that God does hear and answer prayers, we taught 14 lessons this week and picked up like 4 or 5 investigators and this area has not seen success like that in a long time. Everyone is just so excited and the ward is so awesome that we are serving in :) I love it."

"Our only concern should be to do better than we did yesterday, step by step is the law of growth, God does not expect the acorn to be a mighty oak before it has been a sapling." ---George E. Carpenter

This area is a growing sapling now!

Love,
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment