Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Arkansas Adventure

So this week was pretty eventful...Our mission president just sent an email that said we can't change our dress standards until he reviews them but I have not heard anything on the dress standards changing yet...Any who, we got a flat tire in our car this week and had to change that, which was exciting...we also biked 23 miles down (Oh my heck it was hot...) to the little town of Winslow to teach our golden investigator. He had his baptismal interview yesterday and is good to go for this Saturday! I am so excited this is my first golden investigator and first person taught - and baptized in 3 weeks. Pretty incredible. We had a lesson the other day with him and he said the closing prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for "...sending these messengers to teach me the truth..." and my heart just wanted to burn through my shirt...Oh what joy fills a missionary's heart when words like those are said. Man I love this job!

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Sorry this email is short and sweet.


Love.
Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment