Monday, July 29, 2013

Missions are the best!

As you saw from the picture, we had a wonderful, wonderful baptism this last Saturday. What made it even more special is that we had it at the Prairie Grove building (so it would be closer for everyone instead of going to the Stake Center) and Prairie Grove is Elder Porter's area so he was able to stay at the baptism and him and his companion were the witnesses for it. (Not too many people showed up because the whole ward is out of town vacationing before school starts...) So it felt like in the old days what a baptism would of been like when the church only had a few members , but it was just so neat to have Elder Porter there to be a witness for one of the baptisms on my mission. How cool/wonderful/amazing is that? That a friend from home could come out here to Arkansas and serve right by me and be a witness for one of my baptisms and share with me in that wonderful experience! I was so happy, we gave each other a big hug afterwards. It was such a joyful moment. Pure joy. He is such a good Elder, man he has grown so much, he has always been a good kid but he is really shining out here. I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent him out here with me. It was the icing on the cake. The spirit was so strong and ... I can't try to describe it...I know I would not be able to do justice. Just know that it was a most wonderful experience.
The morning of the baptism the Palmer's had there annual Pioneer Party at their house which consists of petting their donkey's, big pioneer stilts made out of boards of wood, standing on a stump tug of war where you try and get the other person to lose their balance and fall off by tugging and releasing the rope, stick pull, high jump (where you see who can jump the highest), and just fun little games like that. So the rest of the week doesn't hold a candle to Saturday's events...

Love,
Elder Blackburn


Missions are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment